Sports in Mission
We are a group of committed Sports Enthusiasts in Mission , BC
Promoting Sports within our Community
About Mission Sports Council
The Mission Sports Council was formed in 2015 by a group of committed sports enthusiasts in Mission with the support of the Mission Parks, Recreation & Culture Department. The Council is a non-profit society governed by a Board of Directors. Meetings are held monthly and open to all members of the Mission sporting community.
The purpose as outlined in the Sports Council Constitution are:
- Ensuring accessibility to sport for all residents of Mission
- Advocating the values and benefits of sport
- Fostering and promoting good sportsmanship, cooperation, and leadership
- Facilitating effective communication among Mission sport and community organizations and all levels of government
- Promoting sports development and strengthening sports organizations in Mission
- Creating a voice for sport
- Facilitating education and training opportunities for athletes, coaches, officials, administrators, parents, and volunteers
- Promoting the improvement of the quality of sport and physical activity of participants of all ages in Mission
Our Groups, Clubs & Organizations
Below are some of the Groups, Clubs and Organizations we work currently with:
The Hemlock Ski Club is a family-oriented ski racing club located near Harrison Hot Springs at Sasquatch Mountain Resort.We are committed to being a family club, encouraging people to develop a lifelong love of skiing.
The Mission Skating Club is proud to offer our community the sport of Ice Skating. Our Recreational Programs focus on equal opportunity for learning to skate and having fun.
Mission Minor Hockey Association is committed to assisting and promoting the sport of hockey. The Mission Minor Hockey Association objective is to work together to improve and enjoy a common passion: hockey.
Mission Granite Curling Club is committed to providing a positive aspect to the community by maintaining affordable fun, physical activity for all ages and abilities while building lifelong friendships through the sport of curling.